City Center

Downtown - North Loop - Mill District - Elliot Park - Loring Park
mattaudio
Stone Arch Bridge

Re: City Center

Postby mattaudio » August 1st, 2019, 2:58 pm

luigipaladio wrote:
August 1st, 2019, 2:27 pm
It’s hard to imagine anything short of a minor nuclear detonation really helping this sad monument to architectural bad taste.

luigipaladio
Metrodome

Postby luigipaladio » August 1st, 2019, 3:05 pm

Hmm, maybe two nuclear detonations - one for City Center and one for the even more ghastly Treasure Island Center - what on earth were they thinking? The pig is dirty white in this case, but the lipstick is a total mess. The most recent render (I just saw one today) of the City Center redesign is at least more even handed and clean. The mess at TIC - which extends around all three visible faces of the old Dayton’s building is a jumble of conflicting ideas, cheapened on every side by the cheesy Treasure Island branding.

lordmoke
Wells Fargo Center

Postby lordmoke » August 8th, 2019, 11:42 am

Work on the renovations has begun!

luigipaladio
Metrodome

Postby luigipaladio » August 8th, 2019, 12:49 pm

I won’t hold my breath on this one. The budget is small - given the scope of what really would need to be done to transform the dismal Mall frontage of City Center. It’s not only lipstick, but cheap lipstick at that.

John
Capella Tower

Postby John » August 9th, 2019, 10:55 am

luigipaladio wrote:
August 8th, 2019, 12:49 pm
I won’t hold my breath on this one. The budget is small - given the scope of what really would need to be done to transform the dismal Mall frontage of City Center. It’s not only lipstick, but cheap lipstick at that.
I don't know, The Nicollet Mall frontage has been neglected by the owners for decades. Maybe not great, but at least it's a clearly visible improvement , and they're finally removing some of the fortress wall.

Return to “Minneapolis - Downtown”