Rumors: A Historical Record of Mystery

Introductions - Urban Issues - Miscellaneous News, Topics, Interests
PhilmerPhil

Re: Rumors: A Historical Record of Mystery

Postby PhilmerPhil » January 29th, 2015, 8:07 pm

When was anyone's last communication with Rick I wonder? It seems like there's communicating with Grant, but other than a couple posts by June the day after this blew up, there's really been nothing from the consortium side.

Avian
Union Depot

Postby Avian » January 29th, 2015, 8:08 pm

The last message I got from Rick is dated October 11th. It reads:

Ron,
Just letting you know that my health has taken a serious hit recently. I probably won't be online much for awhile, or at least very little. I asked June to be careful what she posts in the coming months herself on the message boards since I'll be unable to actively work for a while.
Hope and pray all is well with you and your family.
In Christ,
-Rick

“Wise men speak because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something.”
― Plato

Tyler
Foshay Tower

Postby Tyler » January 29th, 2015, 8:28 pm

I have had a couple of e-mail exchanges with nasa since this all came to a head. He's as perplexed about it as I am. As much as some would like to implicate him I really don't think he's involved at all. As annoying as he can be, he's legit insofar as I can tell.
I've got nothing against nasa personally. I've enjoyed his involvement in this community as a dissenting opinion and defended him when he was banned. But looking back though the SSC thread it's suspicious. Nasa stating "rick's charity work alone is astounding" followed up with Texas RE expounding. Texas RE talking about nasa's unparallelled rolodex. Numerous other chummy interactions. There's also "retiredbankers" odd nasa-esque disdain for specific urbanmsp posters. It's not like he was even around that much.
But i'll acknowledge the possibility nasa and rb/texas had a bunch of private communication and nasa just got completely sucked in.
Towns!

grant1simons2
IDS Center

Postby grant1simons2 » January 29th, 2015, 8:34 pm

I sent a message to June October 11th regarding the TCF Tower

Nick
Capella Tower

Postby Nick » January 29th, 2015, 8:34 pm

Perhaps to his dismay, I'm like...99.9% sure it's not nasa.
Nick Magrino
[email protected]

grant1simons2
IDS Center

Postby grant1simons2 » January 29th, 2015, 8:39 pm

So, if the as-yet unnamed additional major tenant at City Center is Steen & Strom, Ahlens or Von Maur, then maybe Rick is legit too. I'm not holding my breath though.
Avian, June told me to delete my comment when I guessed that Steen & Strom were coming to Minneapolis. Ryan was following all of their brands on LinkedIn. Except it was my guess for the supposed 3 tower proposal which I could tell why "June" thought NIMBY's would be strong there

Tyler
Foshay Tower

Postby Tyler » January 29th, 2015, 8:45 pm

Perhaps to his dismay, I'm like...99.9% sure it's not nasa.
Ohh yeah? Well you clearly have a inferiority complex, the small man mentality, nobody status in other words.
Towns!

Avian
Union Depot

Postby Avian » January 29th, 2015, 8:51 pm

So, if the as-yet unnamed additional major tenant at City Center is Steen & Strom, Ahlens or Von Maur, then maybe Rick is legit too. I'm not holding my breath though.
Avian, June told me to delete my comment when I guessed that Steen & Strom were coming to Minneapolis. Ryan was following all of their brands on LinkedIn...
I wondered about that. See, there is just some strangeness to this whole affair. If this is all just a hoax why did she ask you to delete a comment that was just an educated guess?

“Wise men speak because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something.”
― Plato

grant1simons2
IDS Center

Postby grant1simons2 » January 29th, 2015, 8:55 pm

There is a LOT of strangeness to this, just a heads up, I've told Jake and some others about this, but "Ryan" on LinkedIn told me that the announcements for developments would start in April or May.

Anondson
IDS Center

Postby Anondson » January 29th, 2015, 8:59 pm

Announcements the consortium claims credit and will clearly be theirs? Or just "announcements" they happen to have insight on because of their connections? We can't wait to find out...

Avian
Union Depot

Postby Avian » January 29th, 2015, 9:00 pm

There is a LOT of strangeness to this, just a heads up, I've told Jake and some others about this, but "Ryan" on LinkedIn told me that the announcements for developments would start in April or May.
Yes, I saw that too. FYI, as I type this Rick Christenson has - in the last 40 minutes - been posting comments on LinkedIn in Norwegian and Italian. Either he can write in those two languages or he's good with Google Translate.

― Plato

grant1simons2
IDS Center

Postby grant1simons2 » January 29th, 2015, 9:06 pm

All of them use a ton of different languages. I've seen them speaking to the Italian designers then some Norwegian department store countless times

DFPegg
Metrodome

Postby DFPegg » January 29th, 2015, 9:17 pm

I figured Rick Christenson grew up speaking Norwegian. (Not that uncommon for a Minnesotan of his generation.) And his faith has a strong missionary bent, so other languages can easily come into play as well.

seanrichardryan
IDS Center

Postby seanrichardryan » January 29th, 2015, 9:26 pm

Norwegians run deep in this thing. Why is everyone in EIG under the age of 25 and deeply religious?
All of Ryan's recommendations are different, but the 'people' writing them all spam-recommend the other connections.

Also, this from 2008, or they 'worked' together in 2008? I don't understand Linkedin.

Q. What, what? A. In da butt.

seanrichardryan
IDS Center

Postby seanrichardryan » January 29th, 2015, 9:31 pm

Also,this guy is a big recommender of DerekM.
Perhaps the LinkedIN conspiracy is intent on backing up Rick's illegitimate company, run by his church youth group, in order for him to land some big client so he can get his chairmanship back.
Q. What, what? A. In da butt.

Nick
Capella Tower

Postby Nick » January 29th, 2015, 9:33 pm

These identical recommendations you posted a few days ago seem to be pretty slam dunk-ish

Nick Magrino
[email protected]

grant1simons2
IDS Center

Postby grant1simons2 » January 29th, 2015, 9:40 pm

Here's one of the messages on LinkedIn

Edit: Also nice find Nick

PhilmerPhil

Postby PhilmerPhil » January 29th, 2015, 9:43 pm

Grant, thanks for participating in this conversation with us. I really do admire your enthusiam, and am sorry if you felt unwelcome here in the past. (I think I've been seeing you around town a lot in the past few months, based on what you look like on various social media outlets, so I gotta say hi next time!)

Anyways, in your communication with these "characters" since Sunday, have they done anything to prove their "realness" to you like, say, a phone call? Or are they continuing false promises via private messages? We'd love to hear any other details from your past communications with them as well. I'm sure it's gotta be pretty mind-boggling for you personally, but as bystanders for the most part, we're all pretty gosh darn perplexed as well.

Tyler
Foshay Tower

Postby Tyler » January 29th, 2015, 9:45 pm

"tight knit-group"
Church knitting group complot?

But lols aside thanks for posting grant.
Towns!

grant1simons2
IDS Center

Postby grant1simons2 » January 29th, 2015, 9:52 pm

You're welcome Phil and thanks Tyler. Yeah Phil I'm in town about 2-5 times a week for fun or taking photos or meeting someone. I just want to contribute here because I know about the people who are doing this and can put out some more info. It's pretty shocking all this happened, I feel very deceived and manipulated a bit if they were truly fakers, which it seems like it. I asked Ryan why I can't find his company in any directory or anywhere registered with Minneapolis or Minnesota. I told him that we need to meet up and talk it over some time. So far no response, even though he specifically told me to message him what was on my mind, and that was it. I might push for more of a response later on. We'll have to see. I have all of my private messages from June on SSC saved and am going to import them to a word file with times and dates and all.